Hasnonia: The Five Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Take a little trip into your future with me~

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alfred F. Jones, esq.

Alfred F. Jones, esq.

Take a little trip into your future with me~  Empty
PostSubject: Take a little trip into your future with me~    Take a little trip into your future with me~  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Basically, the question is who would like to get scammed by Alfred? Though Alfred doesn't have to scam your character, just pop a suggestion here if you want something else.

To make things a bit easier, I'll list some possible scams and necessary details. If you have a different scam idea, I'm totally open to suggestions. I'll also define a few terms here. The Mark = The target, the victim of the scam. Crew = people who help out with the scam Here we gooo~

3 Card Monte
Participants: The Mark, (optional- if not filled, they will be faceless background characters)Crew: The Lookout (keeps an eye out for guards), The Backups (these will set the stage, making the scam seem more like a gambling game, luring the target in), and The Dealer (the one in charge of the cards)
Description: This is set up as a "simple game of speed". There are 3 cards, one of them being marked as different. After the mark is dragged into the game, the dealer (Alfred) will explain the purpose: You have to follow the marked card with your eyes as he shuffles them, and then pick the right one. There are 3 rounds, picking right once will get you in, giving you a chance to win money. What Alfred doesn't explain, is that the game is rigged. Whenever you guess right, it is simply the dealer drawing you in, letting you win until he gets all your money.

Pricking The Garter
Participants: The Mark, and Alfred
Description: This is set up as a "simple game of chance". Alfred wraps takes a strap, such as a belt, and winds it into a coil, forming two identical loops around his thumbs. If pulled, one will fall loose while the other will hold tight. The mark is then asked which will hold fast. However, seeing as this is a con, Alfred can change the effects of the game to screw over the mark.

Sob Story
Participants: The Mark, and Alfred
Description: This is a relatively simple con. Alfred comes up with some sob story, and using his well dressed status (and a business card) he can garner sympathy to get some coins.

Snake Oil Peddling
Participants: Alfred, the merchant, and his willing customer(s)
Description: Basically, Alfred is trying to sell little more than piss and ink to unsuspecting customers, claiming that his concoction will bring health benefits to all who use it.

The Lost Ring
Participants: 4 scammers, and one mark
Description: The scammers work in sets of two to use a cheap ring to get a high reward. One scammer stops by where the mark works, socializing and hinting to their friend, another scammer, that this ring is quite expensive and was given to them for their birthday. After a while, the two leave, "forgetting the ring". The next two scammers step in, and find the ring. The owner of the ring will then contact the bar about the ring, asking where it is. The second two scammers will then extort a reward out of the mark.

Stacking the Cans
Participants: Alfred and perhaps an assistant, and The Mark
Description: Based on the can tossing carnival game. 6 cans are arranged in a pyramid, and the mark pays to knock them down to get a prize. Unfortunately for the mark, 3 of the cans are weighted, making them much more difficult to knock over.

Psychic
Participants: Alfred and The Mark
Description: Another straightforward scam, Alfred pretends to have psychic powers and reveals that there is a spiritual disturbance and must offer his assistance for x amount of time at a rate of x amount of money.

Tarot Cards
Participants: Alfred and The Mark
Description: Probably one of the less harmful scams. After being paid, Alfred simply reads the cards and offers advice, pretending to be psychic.
Back to top Go down
Angelique Ramatoulaye

Angelique Ramatoulaye

PostSubject: Re: Take a little trip into your future with me~    Take a little trip into your future with me~  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:07 pm

If you're up for it, I wouldn't mind having Sey be scammed. xD I could definitely see the two of them running into each other, since Sey spends so much of her time traveling {particularly by sea, but she'd be used to many different ports.}
Angelique is very superstitious, so I think she'd be most likely to fall for the 'Psychic' trap. Spirits are a big part of Sesel culture >A>
Back to top Go down
Alfred F. Jones, esq.

Alfred F. Jones, esq.

PostSubject: Re: Take a little trip into your future with me~    Take a little trip into your future with me~  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Oh fft, sorry I didn't notice this until now. But that sounds awesome! Al would be delighted to scam Sey. ;) So then should I start a thread for us? I figure Al could just set up something, and Sey could happen by... Unless you have a different idea. XD
Back to top Go down
Angelique Ramatoulaye

Angelique Ramatoulaye

PostSubject: Re: Take a little trip into your future with me~    Take a little trip into your future with me~  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Sounds fine by me! Yeah, Sey could just be in *insert town here* for the night, via trip to wherever....and if she saw a magic-man that claimed to be psychic, she'd get drawn right in. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take a little trip into your future with me~    Take a little trip into your future with me~  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Take a little trip into your future with me~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hasnonia: The Five Kingdoms :: Out of Character :: Plot Discussion-
Jump to: